Are you looking for support in your physiotherapy professional development?
Welcome to Physio Development
Physio Development provides post-graduate level mentoring and support for Australian physiotherapists in musculoskeletal clinical settings.
My name is Luke McManus and I'm an APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist from Perth, Western Australia.
Physio Development was borne out of gratitude for the help and support I've received from many expert level teachers and clinicians in Australia. This is a small way I can give back to the profession.
I believe that to reach your potential as a physiotherapist, you need to have a clear vision and mission for your career.
MISSION OF PHYSIO DEVELOPMENT
The mission of Physio Development is to help clinicians answer the following questions:
A lot of physiotherapists may not be sure what their answers are to these questions.
I believe it's important to take time in your career to think about these bigger picture questions, as it will help shape the direction and specific tasks needed to work towards your own goals.
My passion for Physio Development is to help recent graduates (and more experienced clinicians) gain better clarity as to what a meaningful and successful career would look like for them.
This includes helping to develop professional skills (clinical and non-clinical) as well as personal skills and habits to achieve these goals.
Physio Development aims to provide support in developing calm, confident physiotherapists that enjoy the work we do.
Recent Graduate Development Program
- Program in development to help clinicians identify their career goals
- Professional and personal habits and skills for long term goals
- In-clinic one-on-one mentoring
- Remote mentoring
Workshops / Presentations
- Workshops, practical sessions and presentations for physiotherapists and allied health practitioners
- Physiotherapy presentations and discussions for GP clinics
Second Opinion Physiotherapy Assessments
- Clinical assessment, treatment planning and management of sports and musculoskeletal presentations
Subscribe for Monthly Updates and Clinical Resources
Subscribe below to receive a monthly email that curates a variety of clinical resources and updates including:
- Systematic reviews
- Clinical research papers (full text articles and abstracts)
- Other articles relevant to physiotherapy continuing education