Support and Development for a Successful Physiotherapy Career in Private Practice
Recent Graduate Development | Mentoring | Workshops
Hi, I’m Luke McManus and I'm a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist from Perth, Western Australia.
Physio Development is a project borne out of gratitude for the incredible help I’ve received in building a meaningful and fulfilling physiotherapy career.
This is my way of sharing the little I know to give back to the profession.
The purpose of Physio Development is:
To help recent graduate (and more experienced) physiotherapists define their own successful career pathway and develop advanced clinical skills for private practice
To support private practice owners to nurture and retain their high-quality physiotherapists
I aim to help physiotherapists in their clinical practice with the following services:
- Clinical mentoring (in-clinic and remote)
- Presentations and workshops
- Online courses (in development)
- Second-opinion clinical assessments
Would you like to receive free monthly clinical resources and updates?
Subscribe below to receive a monthly email with updates and hand-picked clinical resources including:
- A clinical research paper or review paper
- A podcast episode
- Latest Physio Development blog articles
- Information on upcoming courses and training
Neural Tissue Disorders - Workshop
By Luke McManus | 28th January 2019 | Clinical Development
The following workshop was filmed at Life Ready Physio on 15th January 2019.
This was only a 90-minute workshop so was streamlined to cover the following topics:
- Review of the definitions of nociceptive, neuropathic and nociplastic pain
- Simple physiotherapy assessment of neural tissue disorders (deep tendon reflexes, power, neural tissue provocation testing)
- Two simple treatment techniques as an option for mild radiculopathy as well as peripheral nerve sensitisation